At Weis Fire & Safety, we strive to provide our customers with the highest quality of services and products. Our certified staff is constantly raising the bar, from production to customer support. If you’re ready to become part of a leading team, join us.
Weis Fire & Safety is looking for a talented mechanical engineer/designer to join our team providing engineering support for our Weis Fire Trucks and our Draft Commanders. Qualified candidate will be working to improve our current designs and documentation plus working on improvements for manufacturability and cost reduction.
- Execute and oversee the engineering activities including product design, manufacturing engineering, product improvement, and cost reduction.
- Producing complete modeling and prints using SolidWorks.
- Identify improvements to our manufacturing process.
- Implement design improvements
- Coordinate with management, sales, purchasing and production for mutually desired results
- Manage and work with suppliers and customers on engineering topics.
- Work with our planning software to implement Bills or Material and other production documentation.
- All these responsibilities are on an “as-needed” basis. We have broad rolls of responsibility and this position requires flexibility to accommodate ever changing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology,
- or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Prefer efficiency in office software including Outlook and Excel.
- Self starter who manages time effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
Weis Fire & Safety is located at 111 E. Pacific in Salina Kansas. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Opportunity to be involved in a growing business providing products that make a difference.
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Weis Fire & Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Please submit resume to Renee Blase at: firstname.lastname@example.org