Southeast Central Kansas Territory
Weis Fire & Safety Equipment, LLC is seeking an account representative with a fire service background to cover an established sales territory in southcentral/southeast Kansas. A fire service background is required. This position requires a self-motivated sales person willing to travel and demonstrate our products. Some overnight travel will be required along with occasional night and weekend meetings.
Weis Fire & Safety is a full-line distributor of fire and rescue equipment plus a repair service provider for the fire and rescue industry. Weis Fire & Safety also manufactures several lines of top-quality fire apparatus and the innovative Draft Commander. We offer competitive compensation packages for both full-time and part-time sales professionals.
Full-time and part-time applicants accepted.
Service & Repairs
Pump Test Technician Salesman
Performs annual Service Fire Pump Tests utilizing the Draft Commander 3000® A/T Mobile Fire Pump Testing & Training unit for municipalities per NFPA guidelines.
- The applicant will be required to travel to customer locations to perform pump tests, and ladder tests, once trained, on a scheduled basis
- When traveling to some customer locations, the applicant will be required to stay on location, or in area for multiple days
- When not at customer locations, the applicant will work in the shop
Essential Functions to be trained:
- Provides annual Service Fire Pump Tests for municipalities per NFPA requirements
- Requires travel on a weekly basis
- Must know and understand the importance of fire pump service tests
- Must know and understand how the Draft Commander 3000® A/T performs
- Must understand water flows and pressures
- Service and repair apparatus when out in the field at location
- Ensure that division vehicle is maintenance on regular basis to provide safe transportation
- Must be able to perform Ladder Testing per NFPA requirements
Marginal Job Functions:
- Clerical work including work orders and data entry, etc.
- Conducts follow-up calls with customers
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Applicant must be mechanically inclined
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic Math skills
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
- 1½ years related experience or education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and squat on a rotating basis
Full-time applicants only. Weis offers competitive compensation packages.